curated by Antonio Manfredi
opening Friday 5 July 2019 from 7pm
from 5 July until 6 October 2019
Under the patronage of the Campania Region and the City of Casoria.
APPLICATION FORM English (2019)
THE FESTIVAL OF CONTEMPORARY ART ON CONTEMPORARY ART SURVIVAL IN TODAY SOCIETY
This Festival common thread is about contemporary art survival in today society and the program consists in a big exhibition, performances, live music, meetings and workshops. An extraordinary visual and media event launched by CAM museum involving more than 300 international artists exhibiting inside a 2000 sm large area, to provide answers to such questions: What’s contemporary art today? Where is it going? Has the artist any role in contemporary society yet? Is he free yet? Is there any difference between artistic common thought and aesthetics as imposed by worldwide speculative art market? Has culture become a machine producing art as consumption commodity or is the idea of art as free, able to raise our spirit, existing yet? Can art, the way we know it, survive in the society of capitalist commodification? Is Ikea going to be the future for those artists out of big galleries commercialization? How about museums and art galleries, are they becoming Happy Hour lounges in order to get audience?
– Application deadline for “Survival” is June the 10th 2019
– Delivery art works until June 15, 2019
– Opening Friday, July the 5th 2019
– The Festival is taking place from July the 5th to the October the 6th 2019
– Payment of the registration fee of € 50 (as soon as possible to secure one of the limited spaces), but no later than 10 June 2019
– Art works exhibited max n°1 (maximum 1 for each space booked)
– Every painting and photograph can not exceed the dimensions of 80 cm in width x 250cm in height. Space available 1 meters x 250 high
– Every sculpture and the installation can not exceed the dimensions of 80cm x height 80cm depth x 250cm height. Space available 1 square meters.
– Space available for videos: big screens and TV
– It is possible to book up to a maximum of 5 spaces.
– The Festival have a sales character. The museum will proceed direct contact between the collectors and artists. The artist will be free of all fee commissions during the selling of the artworks.
- You need to fill the enclosed APPLICATION FORM English (2019) and send it along with a Copy of payment receiptand two pictures of your art works as Jpeg to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Any information is used to release communication material and artists profiles. Personal data won’t be published but reserved for Artistic Direction curatorship purpose only.
- “Certificate of official participation” will be issued and foreign artists will therefore be asked to send a copy of the passport or copy of the identity card in the email to email@example.com
- Application deadline for “Survival” is June the 10th 2019
- Opening July the 5th 2019
- The Festival is taking place from July the 5th to the October the 6th 2019.
- HOW TO APPLY AND FEE
- In order to let the artists free to express we arranged this event without collecting public or private funds and leave it led by artists, asking the participants for a contribution of 50€ for the event arrangement expenses and not to dismiss the festival edgy aim.
- Each artist is in charge of his works transportation expenses. The organization doesn’t cover any customs taxes for the arrival of the artworks. Artists are required to inform themselves and pay any customs fees before sending the art works.
- The character of the festival is salable. The organization will proceed direct contact with the collectors and the artist will be free of all the fee commissions during the selling of the artworks.
- Artists applying after the deadline will be included in a waiting list and be contacted by the Artistic Direction according to exhibition space availability.
- Artists can use whatever technique and are free to express.
- Video artists projects is being played on two large screens inside the museum and have to last no more than 10 minutes (All video works must be on DVD (PAL).
- For those artists proposing live music and other performances, including reading their own literary pieces, a stage in the theater hall inside the museum is available for half an hour, only one application and fee required.
- OTHER ARTISTIC PROJECTS
- For those projects and outfitting not recurring in the former guide lines, such as group exhibitions, associations of artists, space availability must be agree with the Artistic Direction.
- If You are part of group acting to present a single project, only one application is required under the group name and only one registration fee.
- If You are part of a cultural association or an association of artists, each single artist has to apply and remit the fee, indicating the association name and your own name.
- HOW TO PAY
- CASH PAYMENTAlso Cash payment is accepted at the museum office (Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Sunday 10am/1pm_Saturday 5pm/8pm) Address: Via Calore snc. Casoria, Naples, Italy
- BANK TRANSFER on the account n° 050001000/00109400 to: INTERNATIONAL CONTEMPORARY ART CENTER c/o Bank Prossima SPA Filiale di Milano IBAN CODE: IT47 U033 5901 6001 0000 0109 400 BIC CODE: BCITITMX
- WESTERN UNION Antonio Manfredi_Naples, Italy sending the MTCN code in firstname.lastname@example.org
- PAY PAL email@example.com
Deadline 10 June 2019
5. WHERE TO SEND THE ART WORKS
The works must be delivered to the CAM Museum by 15 July 2019
Postal address: Dir. Antonio Manfredi CAM Museum Via 2 Trav. Aldo Moro 11, 80026 Casoria, Naples, Italy Tel. +39 0817576167 Mobil: +39 333 2972239 firstname.lastname@example.org
• Each artist is in charge of his works transportation expenses. The organization doesn’t cover any customs taxes for the arrival of the artworks. Artists are required to inform themselves and pay any customs fees before sending the art works.
• Artists will have to pick up the work personally at the end of the Festival or send an express courier to retake the work at its own expense.
• Each artist is in charge of his travel expenses, room and board.
• The Museum will be responsible for the preparation of the art works, the opening and everything necessary for the period of the Festival.
• The character of the Festival is salable. The organization will proceed direct contact with the collectors and the artist will be free of all the fee commissions during the selling of the artworks.
• Artists applying after the deadline will be included in a waiting list and be contacted by the Artistic Direction according to exhibition space availability.
• The application fee is meant as free contribution for sustaining the activity of the CAM
• A formal receipt will be released by the CAM
• Artists can use whatever technique and are free to express.
Tel/Fax: +39 081 7576167
Mobil: +39 3332972239